A lot of new ways to lose weight are discovered and introduced to us every day. There are those recommended by our friends, others we watch online and used by celebrities or fitness superstars. Whoever influences you to try a new method of losing weight, it’s crucial to learn its benefits and how it works in the body.
You’ve probably heard of the use of apple cider vinegar (ACV) to shed those extra fats off. Well, it’s not really a diet trend neither a magic that helps you lose weight overnight. ACV is beneficial when used together with the real superstars of weight loss: good diet and regular exercise.
Nowadays, more and more people are finding out about ACV and trying its efficacy. If ACV poked your interest, read on to learn more about this amazing liquid.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Basically the juice of apples, Apple Cider Vinegar is made by crushing the fruit until the juice is extracted. The juice sugar will then be fermented into alcohol and into vinegar. The whole process takes about 3-4 weeks. After such, the apple cider vinegar can be ready for consumption.
ACV offers a myriad of benefits to the body, and this is because of the nutrients found in it. ACV is rich in the following:
- Potassium – Apples are rich in potassium, a mineral commonly insufficient in the diets of adults. Potassium is necessary for heart and nerve activities, muscle growth and building, and preventing hair loss and weak teeth.
- Acetic acid – This acid plays a role in slowing the digestion of starch, which in turn will prevent the rise of glucose after meals. It is also a key in suppressing the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Pectin – This content makes you feel full, thus suppressing your appetite.
- Malic acid – This content makes ACV a potent antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal substance.
- Ash – Ash makes ACV alkaline and therefore helps in maintaining the body’s proper pH levels.
Benefits of ACV
Before we delve deeper into how ACV can help you lose extra pounds, let’s talk about its many more health benefits.
- ACV aids in digestion and improves bowel irregularities.
- ACV suppresses your appetite. As mentioned, ACV contains some amount of pectin, which makes you feel full and suppresses your appetite. So the next time you’re tempted to snack, take one or a couple of gulp of ACV.
- ACV aids in weight loss through the breakdown of fats so you can burn them.
- ACV helps in detoxifying the body.
- ACV treats various diseases such as heart problems, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- ACV is good for the skin, helping clear out blemishes and other skin conditions.
How much and when should I drink it for weight loss?
Apple cider vinegar should be taken with the right amount and at the right time for it to be effective. If you’re just starting, you should take it slow. Each person’s body is unique, so trying a new thing should be done with caution.
On your first day, mix a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV. As time goes on and as you get used to its taste, you can increase the concentration and make it 2 tablespoons in a glass of water.
The most strategic and effective time to consume an ACV glass are the following:
- When you feel like snacking or craving for something, especially between the meals.
- Thirty minutes before every meal. For starters, a glass a day is sufficient. Increase it as you go on until you can consume three glasses of ACV every day. And remember, don’t go beyond it. To boost the effectiveness of the liquid, take it before consuming high-protein meals such as fish, eggs, poultry, etc.
Strongest ACV Recipe to lose weight
We bet you’ve heard about adding honey or lemon to your ACV water to make it tastier. But do you know that there’s a recipe that makes ACV more effective? This recipe is a powerful detox drink that doesn’t just help get rid of toxins and clear the body but also help you lose those extra pounds.
This secret ACV drink is simple and doesn’t need any machine. To make it, prepare the following ingredients and mix them together:
- Warm water – 1 glass
- ACV – 1-2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon – ¼ tsp – (must be Ceylon cinnamon, normal Cinnamon is not safe for every day Consumption. )
- Cayenne pepper – 1 dash
- Ground ginger – ½ tsp (Too much of this makes it hard to drink so 1/4 tsp is best)
- Raw honey – 1 tsp. (Must be raw, or local honey – optional to add some sweetness)
And that’s it! This detox drink is great in refreshing and rejuvenating the body, while at the same time helping you lose weight. A glass of this drink a day is enough to aid in your weight loss regimen.
Apple cider vinegar increasingly attracts attention from a lot of people in the fitness world because of its amazing benefits. Remember, apple cider vinegar should not be your sole solution to lose weight, because, without proper nutrition and exercise, you’re only wasting your time.
So, are you going to add apple cider vinegar to your weight loss plan? Share with us your thoughts or any other recipes in the comments below!