The first sign of weight gain is a growing belly. Unhealthy lifestyles result in the formation of visceral fat or the deep abdominal fat that forms and accumulates in your belly surrounding your organs that can lead to various illnesses.
A growing belly may seem harmless on the outside and a lot of people might be able to live with it without being bothered about aesthetics but the risks and dangers of too much belly fat are far too important to ignore.
In fact, not only overweight people suffer from this but thin people can also have dangerous levels of visceral fat.
Belly fat is stubborn and difficult to get rid of. When people think of themselves as fat, it is usually because of their belly bulges and love handles.
A high amount of fat in our bellies affect how our hormones function. Every deadly disease is linked to stubborn belly fat. This includes diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, gout and diseases of the gallbladder.
Breathing problems such as asthma and sleep apnea are also due to accumulated belly fat. It is essential to maintain a healthy waistline not just for the aesthetic appeal but also to prevent major diseases and improve overall health.
Diet and exercise are still the best ways to ensure an aesthetically appealing and perfectly healthy midsection. In order to maintain a healthy waistline, it is important to know what kind of exercises could help you achieve a flat belly and show some fabulous abs. 30 minutes a day would be enough to help you achieve this.
Here are the most effective exercises to lose that belly fat.
Nothing else burns belly fat faster than the crunch. Most everyone knows how to do the classic crunch. Tightening your core as you lift your head up while laying flat on the floor is a sure way to keep those abs in check. Focus on engaging your abdominal muscles as you do this.
How To Do This
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent.
- Place your hands behind your head or crossed on your chest.
- As you lift your chest up, exhale.
- Inhale back down and exhale back up.
- Do ten counts of inhaling and exhaling as you lift your torso up and down paying attention to tightening your abdominal muscles.
- Repeat two more times.
Bicycle crunches are a great way to target your obliques. Those love handles can be quite unappealing to look at and bicycle crunches are an effective way of making sure that you eliminate or reduce their appearance.
You don’t need to go fast when you do this and be careful not to strain your neck by touching your elbows to your knees. Focus on your breathing.
How To Do This
- Lie flat on a mat with your lower back pressed to the ground.
- Lift both legs off the ground and bend your knees.
- Start a paddling motion similar to cycling, alternating right foot and left foot towards the chest.
- Do three sets of about 20 reps.
Planking offers substantial results at the quickest possible time. It not just gives you the best way to build core strength, but it also targets other parts of your body such as the biceps, neck and shoulder muscles as well as the muscles in your thighs.
Ultimately, you strengthen your abdominals, decrease your risk of injuring your back and spinal column, boost your metabolism, improve your posture and overall balance. It really sounds like the best exercise you can do to achieve so much in very little time.
How To Do This
- Get into push up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms.
- Keep your body in a straight line together with your legs, with your toes supporting your legs.
- Hold the position as long as you can. You may start holding it in position for about 30 seconds and increase time as you progress daily.
- Don’t strain yourself too much. Listen to what your body tells you.
Bending Side to Side
This is a very simple exercise that will help you lose the belly fat.
How To Do This
- Stand straight with your feet together and hands to the side.
- Bend your body to the right as far as you can without straining your left side. Right hand on your right hip and left hand raised upwards over your head.
- Hold the position for about 15 seconds before returning to original position.
- Repeat with the left side.
- Increase holding time to about 30 seconds as you progress daily.
Aerobic Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat
A recent study found that the best way to reduce stubborn belly fat is through aerobic exercises because it burns more calories. The study involved 27 obese women with type 2 diabetes. 13 women were required to do moderate intensity walking for about an hour, 5 times a week for 12 weeks. The other 14 women were required to go on with their daily routine activities.
At the end of the study, it was found that the ones who did aerobic exercises daily had significantly decreased their visceral fat compared to the 14 women who went about their normal activities. Furthermore, it was found that the women who did aerobic exercises daily had improved their lung capacities compared to the other women who saw no improvement at all.
Aerobic exercises will not only help you reduce your belly fat but it will also give you other health benefits such as reduction of stress, better sleep and overall health and well-being. Some aerobic exercises which you can choose to do daily are walking, running, jogging and swimming.
It is really not enough to just lose weight. You have to feel great too. The best way to achieve that is to work towards gaining a pleasant physique that will also help you gain more confidence. A flat belly or sexy abs is a sure indication of a healthy lifestyle.
So when you find yourself gazing at your love handles in front of the mirror, you’ll know that it’s time to get down and get serious with a proper weight loss program that includes a proper diet and the right kind of exercise.
If this article has helped you, please let us know. Feel free to share this with your friends who might need to know about it too.