Most women dream of having perfectly-shaped eyebrows 24/7. If you are one of them, you need to get your eyebrows waxed every three to four weeks.
The NPD Group, a market research company, revealed that when it comes to eyebrow grooming, British women spend around $255 annually.
This only shows that there is a real obsession with having gorgeous-looking eyebrows.
You can definitely request various beauty treatments and procedures to help improve your appearance.
However, having perfect brows help you achieve your quick dream makeover without having to spend too much time doing it.
This post will walk you through different tips and tricks for maintaining your eyebrow shape.
This article also helps you gain more knowledge about the following:
- What to expect when getting your eyebrows waxed
- How to avoid common mistakes in eyebrow grooming
- What useful tools and products to use for better brows
Does Waxing Your Eyebrows Hurt?
Women who are used to getting different beauty treatments and procedures would probably say that having their eyebrows waxed doesn’t hurt.
However, for a first-timer, it may be a different story.
If you haven’t tried removing and shaping your eyebrow hair, you might be surprised to know that having your eyebrows waxed hurts a little.
Thus, you need to expect a bit of pain when you decide to undergo this procedure.
The reason why it can be painful is that hair is pulled from a sensitive area of your skin.
Also, several hairs are pulled in one single jerk. Thus, it can make you feel a slight sting during the waxing process.
However, this may not be an issue if you have high pain tolerance.
If you have low pain tolerance, you can use the following techniques to reduce pain when getting your eyebrows waxed:
- Ask your esthetician if they can apply numbing cream before starting the procedure.
- Apply ice or use a cold compress to reduce pain and inflammation after the waxing process.
- You can also soothe the area using rose petal toner or aloe vera gel.
- Make regular waxing appointments, so your body gets used to the treatment process.
What are the Common Eyebrow Grooming Mistakes Women Unconsciously Make?
Having gorgeous eyebrows like Cara Delevigne, Lily Collins, and Emilia Clarke is a dream for most women.
However, achieving this can be quite difficult, especially if you have no idea of the dos and don’ts about eyebrow grooming.
Learning how to shape, maintain, and take care of your eyebrows can help you achieve excellent-looking brows.
If you want to have them, make sure you take note of common eyebrow grooming mistakes, such as the following:
Removing too much hair
Some women make the mistake of removing too much hair from their eyebrows. They sometimes do this because they simply want to achieve their preferred eyebrow shape.
The issue here is that some people don’t have any idea of what the perfect eyebrow shape is best for their face shape and features.
If you are not sure about the best way to thin your eyebrows, you can always consult an eyebrow specialist.
If you want a basic trick to remove spare hair, grab some small scissors and trim your hair.
This way, you don’t need to remove too much hair, especially on the edges of your eyebrows.
Choosing the wrong eyebrow shape
You need to realize that what works for some may not work for you.
This means that the eyebrow shape of your favorite celebrity may not look as good as you think if you simply decide to copy them.
The trick in choosing the right eyebrow shape is to consider your facial features, especially your face shape.
Using the wrong shade of eyebrow makeup
If you love shaping and defining your brows, you can simply use a trusted eyebrow makeup.
However, you need to ensure you are using the right shade.
Your goal should be to have natural-looking eyebrows. Thus, even with makeup, you still need to achieve that clean and fresh eyebrows.
To achieve this, you need to ensure you choose an eyebrow makeup shade that complements your hair color.
One brilliant trick is to use one or two shades lighter compared to your natural hair color.
Not visiting your preferred eyebrow salon regularly
One of the most common eyebrow waxing mistakes that women make is not visiting their eyebrow technicians often.
This means that they don’t follow the recommended schedule of getting eyebrows waxed within three to four weeks.
If you want to retain the shape of your eyebrows, ensure that you schedule an appointment every three to four weeks.
This way, you don’t have to stress over extra hair on your brows.
What Tools and Products are Best Used to Maintain Your Brows?
Aside from knowing the answer to the query: ”How often should you get your eyebrows waxed,” you also need to find out a few additional tips about eyebrow maintenance.
Knowing which tools and products to use can help you get salon-quality brows even when you’re at home.
The key is to ensure you choose high-quality items above all else.
Even if you intend to invest in frequent eyebrow waxing, you still need to perform some tricks. This is especially important for maintaining your brow shape in-between waxing appointments.
Here are a few basic yet useful items that you need for your eyebrows:
- Tweezers- Use tweezers to get rid of hair growing outside the lines of your eyebrows. This helps you deal with excess hair without affecting your brow shape.
- Eyebrow scissors- If you want to trim some of your eyebrow hair, consider using small scissors. Find one that is used solely for eyebrow trimming.
- Brow brush- Using an eyebrow brush helps ensure the strands stay in place. This tool allows you to “comb” brow hair, so it looks thick and natural.
- Eyebrow concealer- If you don’t want to pluck extra hair, you can simply use an eyebrow concealer. This product helps hide hair that is growing outside your brow line.
- Brow growth serum- Applying brow growth serum helps you have thick and healthy-looking eyebrows. You can check out online stores to find one that fits your preferences.