Nice butt — a remark many of us, especially women, long to get.
The internet is loaded with butt workouts that don’t change a thing or are too complicated for those in their home to perform.
Many of these exercises require equipment that can only be found in the gym or is too expensive to buy.
You don’t have to worry anymore. Here’s a list of the best butt workouts that you can do in the comfort of your home. Check them out now and thank us later!
1. Reverse Lunges
If you’re getting tired of the regular lunges, you can simply do it the other way — yes, it’s the reverse lunge! Obviously, instead of stepping forward, you’ll be moving your feet backward.
Reverse lunges are among the best butt exercises. Aside from building your glutes and legs, this exercise also develops your balance.
If you’re a beginner, you can start doing the movements at a slow pace, then build up your speed as you go on.
- Stand with your hands extended overhead.
- Step your left foot backward, then lower your hips so that your right thigh and left shin is parallel to the ground.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat on the other leg.
Squats are a given workout when it comes to toning your butt. It strengthens your glutes as well as your legs and stretches your hips.
This exercise also tests your balance. If you’re a beginner, you can lean against a wall to help stabilize yourself.
- Stand with your hands straightened in front of you.
- Maintaining a straight back, lower down into a squat until your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle and your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
3. Single-leg Squats
Any variation of squat works the butt muscles. The single-leg squat exercise adds more challenge to the regular squat and develops your balance and stability.
If your knees are weak, beware of doing this exercise.
- Stand with hands out front and palms faced down.
- Raise your right leg in front, then lower yourself down as low as you can.
- Slowly return to the standing position. Repeat on the other side.
4. Single-leg Forward Bend
With just a single motion and pose, this exercise gives butt muscles a wonderful workout. Further, it improves the stability of the legs and activates the glutes and hamstrings.
- Stand with feet together and arms at the sides.
- Bend your torso forward, lifting your right leg behind as high as you can and extending your arms in front to help with balance.
- Stay in the position for 5 seconds before returning back to the center.
- Repeat on the other side.
5. Standing Diagonal Kicks
Whether you’re doing the dishes or watching your favorite show, you can do the standing diagonal kicks and tone the muscles of your butt.
- Stand with hands on your hips to balance yourself.
- Slowly lift your leg behind and diagonally.
- Stay in the position for at least 10 seconds.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
6. Leg Raises
Primarily targeting your hip flexors, leg raises also strengthen your abs and obliques and tone your glutes for that perfect butt.
- Lie on your back with legs straight and extended toward the ceiling at about 60 degrees.
- Without bending your knees, stay in the position for 5 seconds.
- Place your arms flat on the floor and lower your legs until they directly hover above the ground.
- Repeat until you feel the burn in your legs and buttocks.
7. Scissor Kicks
Aside from being an effective abs exercise, scissor kicks also work your obliques, glute muscles, and leg muscles.
- Lie on your back with arms at the sides and legs extended.
- Raise both legs at 45 degrees.
- Lower your right leg as you lift your left leg, moving like the open blades of a pair of scissors.
- Alternate the legs up and down.
The bridge exercise is a great way to strengthen the gluteus muscles and hamstrings.
- Lie on your back with knees bent, arms at the sides, and palms flat on the floor.
- Pushing through your feet, slowly lift your hips off the floor.
- Vertebra after vertebra, continue to lift your torso until the only parts touching the ground are your head, hands, shoulders, and feet.
- Stay in the position for at least 10 seconds before lowering one vertebra at a time.
We’re all aware that planks are one of the best exercises to target the abs, but do you know that it’s also among the best workout to tone the butt?
Not only that, but this exercise also strengthens the muscles of the arm, legs, and back.
- Get down in your palms and toes for the high plank position. You can also choose to be in a low plank position with your forearms flat on the ground instead of your palms.
- With your palms and toes supporting your body, maintain a straight body from head to toe.
- Stay in the position for as long as you can.
10. Stair Climber
Aside from being a great cardio workout, the stair climber exercise also strengthens your legs and tones your butt.
You can find a stair climber equipment in a gym, but if you don’t fancy going, you can make use of any stairs.
Climbing a flight of stairs does the same to your body, but you gotta be cautious with your knees.
We all know jogging is an excellent exercise to pump up our heart rate, but it isn’t the only thing it does.
Jogging, or running if you can, burns calories, helps you lose weight, and tones certain muscle groups, including your butt.
So the next time you have some free time, spend it by jogging or running around the neighborhood.
Yoga offers a myriad of benefits to both the mind and the body.
For one, it is a perfect exercise to tone muscles, including your glutes, and develop your balance. Further, yoga poses improve flexibility, lessens pain, and lowers blood pressure.
These butt exercises may be the best in toning your glutes and making them bigger but remember to couple them with a good diet plan.
Follow a healthy lifestyle and it’ll only be a matter of time before you see results.